Thursday 29 September 2016

Cumin Butter Cookies

Cookies are very good choice with tea or small snacks treat for kids. Kids like to eat cookies anytime. Cookies are easy to make and little chance to go wrong during cooking.

I recently started making cookies and then realised how easy it is to make home and satisfy our family tooth. Cookies can be either sweets or salty or spicy and these are good in taste whether sweet or salty or spicy.

I tried cookies home and my hubby and specially my son liked it too much and started demanding cookies every hour. As my son is little choosy about food but he started liking the home cookies very much.

Here I am sharing cumin cookies which I made for the first time. This is little salty in taste and  the roasted cumin flavour make a good combination with salt. I made cumin cookies more salty as comparison to guess the required salt amount in cookies and it worked wonder in taste. I served these cookies in my son's birthday party and response was superb as recipe was asked by everyone. After this party, I was so boosted about the cookies that I thought to share this recipe on this blog. You also give this a try and enjoy with your family.


Ingredients: for Approx 15 cookies

I use cup which is 150 gram capacity.

  1. All purpose flour: 1 cup
  2. Powder sugar: 1/2 cup
  3. Butter: 1/2 cup (approx 60 gram)
  4. Cumin seeds: 2 spoon
  5. Salt: 1 spoon
  6. Soda: 1/2 tsp (Optional)
  7. Milk: 2 tsp (optional) (I didn't use)




Method of preparation

  1. Take butter out from refrigerator some time before so that it can come to normal temperature or You can also take it in microwave safe bowl and heat it for 10 to 15 second to bring to normal temperature.
  2. When butter comes to normal temperature, add powder sugar and beat it with electric beater so that a creamy texture comes. Don't over beat.
  3. Now take a pan and heat it. Add cumin seeds and roast it for 1 minutes.
  4. Take a bowl and put all purpose flour, salt and roasted cumin seeds and mix well.
  5. Add this mixture in to butter sugar mixture and fold it and make a dough.


   6.  Now take this dough and make a log. Now take a plastic sheet wrap and wrap this log in this      plastic sheet.


7.    If  you don't want to make log of dough then divide the dough into small 15 pieces and give desired shape from cookies cutter. Wrap all cookies in plastic sheet.
8.    Put plastic sheet wrap of dough log or shaped cookies in freezer for at least one hour. I preferably put for overnight.
9.    Preheat the oven for  10 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
10.  Take out plastic sheet wrap of dough log or shaped cookies from freeze and open the plastic sheet wrap.
11.   If you have log of dough then take a knife and cut this log into equal size disc.
12.   Take a baking try and put parchment paper over that. Place all cookies in baking tray.
13.   Bake it for 12 to 15 minutes. As I have gas oven, I baked it for 15 minutes and rotated the baking try after every  5 to 7 minutes.
14.  When cookies start turning golden brown, switch off the oven and let cookies be cool down.

15.   Cookies are ready. Serve it with tea or as evening snacks. These cookies can be stored in air tight container also for some days.


Tips:


  1. Don't heat butter long. just it should come to normal room temperature.
  2. I made it little more salty so I put 1 tsp salt. If u wish to make it less salty then put 1/2 tsp salt.
  3. I took granular sugar and grinded it in mixer to make it powder sugar.
  4. There is enough butter to make dough from refined flour but still if you feel butter is not enough to bind flour you can add 2 tsp milk. Keep this 2 tsp milk handy at the time of making dough.
  5. Baking time limit should be decided based on your oven.




3 comments: