Mint and chocolate has a great combination in any dessert. So I tried this combination in ice cream too and taste was really great.
Method of Preparation
Actually I recently saw similar combination in Baskin Robins and I tasted there and decided to try this also. I made some changes in the Baskin Robins recipe as I prepared one mint sauce too for it. This mint sauce gives good look to ice cream and enhance taste too. I m not sure whether this mint sauce is available in market or not as I made this home. Mint sauce is sweet and tangy in taste. I will post this sauce recipe very soon on my blog. Here I am sharing mint chocolate ice cream recipe. I couldn't take photos of every steps of this recipe as I was doing trial but this came out so perfect and I decided to share on my blog. By the way making this ice cream is easy and you can follow my steps.
As this is festival time going on and yesterday diwali went off. Guests would come to meet on diwali occasion and tomorrow is bhaii dooj. You make this ice cream on this festival season and delight your guests and family and specially your brother on bhaii dooj.
One more thing I want to share with this that yesterday was diwali and my blog completed 100 days of existence on this auspicious occasion and my blog completed 15000+ views of blog. Thanks to everyone who supported and liked my blog and recipes.
- Full cream milk: 1/2 litre + 100 ml
- Whipped cream: 200 ml
- Sugar: 150 gram
- Corn flour: 2 spoon
- GMS powder: 1 tsp
- CMC powder: 1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves: One handful
- Chocolate chip: One hand
- Green food color: one pinch (Optional)
- Mint sauce: for garnish ( Optional)
- Chocolate sauce: for garnish (Optional)
Method of Preparation
- Take half litre full cream milk in heavy bottom pan keeping 100 ml milk aside.
- Boil this milk until it reduces to 3/4th milk.
- Meanwhile take mint leaves in mixer grinder and grind it with using little water.
- Filter it using a clean cotton cloth in bowl.
- After filtering take juice part and add it in boiled milk. Again boil it. If you want to add green food color, you add in this step only. I added green color.
- Take 100 ml milk and mix corn flour in this and make smooth paste. Add GMS powder and CMC powder in this.
- Add this paste to boiled milk and make sure there is no any lump in milk. Cook it until it turns into sauce type texture.
- Now add sugar in it and cook for 2 minutes and switch off gas.
- If any lumps are still there in milk sauce then again filter it using tea filter.
- Now let it be cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile turn on the freezer to maximum coolest temperature.
- When it is cooled put it into a airtight plastic container or aluminium container and keep it in freezer for 2 hours or when it is about to start setting as ice.
- Take it out from freezer and blend it using electric beater to churn the ice crystals.
- Now again keep it in freezer for two hours.when again it started to set as ice, take it out and again blend it using electric beater.
- Now add 200 ml whipped cream in this step and again beat it using electric beater. Now again keep it in freezer for two hours.
- After two hours take it out and add handful chocolate chips and again beat it.
- Now keep it in freezer for 7 to 8 hours.
- When you have to serve, take ice cream out of freezer and put in bowl using ice cream scoop. Put some chocolate sauce and mint sauce over it and some chocolate chip. Serve it.
- You can store it up to one week in freeze.
- Filter the grinded paste using cotton cloth only not using tea filter. Because grinded mint leaves are so fine that it will not be separated by tea filter. So it is advisable to use cotton cloth.
- Don't worry about milk. Mint juice will combine well with milk and would not turn into chhena. So be assured.
- Green food color is used to enhance color of ice cream. Using this is totally optional.
- Don't let it be set as ice crystals in freezer. When it starts to set take it out and beat it.