Gawarfali (Cluster beans) is a Rajasthani dish. I was introduced to this by one of my Rajasthani colleague. I found out that these are rich in protein, fibers, minerals and vitamins. Moreover it is free from cholestrol and is beneficial in heart ailments and diabetes. The recipe I am sharing here is easy to cook and best in taste.
Ingredients: Serving for 2
- Gawarfali : 250 gram
- Onion: 1 medium sized chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized chopped
- Garlic: 2 pods (fined chopped or grated)
- Ginger: 1 inches (fined chopped or grated)
- Cumin seeds (Jeera): 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder: As per taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi): 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder(Amchur): 1 tsp
- Salt : As per taste
- Oil: For cooking
Method for Preparation:
- Take gawarfali and wash it properly and cut it to small pieces (after taking out the side thread).
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it.
- When oil is heated,add cumin seeds and let it be cracked.
- Now add grated garlic and ginger in oil and saute it for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped onion and saute it for 1 minute. Here one pinch of salt can be add in onions to cook it fast and enhance the taste of onion.
- Now add chopped gawarfali and saute it for 2 - 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add chopped tomato, turmeric powder, Chilli powder, salt and saute it
- Add half cup water and cover it for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the cover and add dry mango powder and cook for 2 minutes on low flame
- Take it out in serving bowl and serve it with hot chapati, paratha, crispy poori or normal poori
- Garlic and Ginger can be used as grated, fine chopped or as a paste too.
- You can use combination of Dry mango powder (amchur), salt, red chilli as per your taste to make it more spicy as Rajasthani dishes are spicier than other dishes.