Tuesday 9 May 2017

Coconut ladoo - Purple king laddoo

Coconut laddoo - Purple king laddoo is a special kind of laddoo I made it last week. So welcome my blog reader to my experiment and my recipe. Here  I present my experiment over coconut ladoo. Easy to make and with simple ingredients.

You guys must have made coconut ladoo. Even I have posted coconut ladoo recipe earlier in my blog with so many variation using simple ingredients ex Coconut laddoo using khoya, Coconut laddoo using condensed milk, White chocolate coconut laddoo, Shahi khaskhas coconut laddoo & Orange coconut laddoo.  This recipe which I am going to explain here  is also one variation of  coconut laddoo with yum yum taste.

Coconut ladoo is everybody favorite sweets and generally it is made in festival season or occasion like janamashtami or diwali. This can be made fresh coconut or discated coconut. I made laddoo using sugar but it can be prepared using jaggery too. some people like jaggery coconut laddoo too. so jaggery coconut laddu can also be prepared. Method is same for jaggery coconut as above mentioned recipes.

This purple king laddoo is purple in color which i got from black grapes. Actully I wanted to make it from blueberry but i did not find it in my nearby departmental store and had no time to go far to search it as my office working hours is very very hectic and I squeeze my time for my hobby of cooking. Anyway, I replaced this blueberry with black grapes. But results is awesome and my In-laws demanded more. I am very much keen to serve new new food items to friends and family.                                    



This time you guys enjoy this Purple king laddoo made with black grapes and my next target would be exotic paan flavoured pink coconut ladoo. You guys must be thinking that I gone crazy😋 Hahaha..... Ya seriously I want to do more experiment over coconut ladoo and find out more variation of this. So far I have done five types of variations over coconut ladoo and it will continue.....
But I am too sure you guys have also made such variations over coconut ladoo in your kitchen after getting recipe from my blog.


Recipe is divided in two parts. First we make grapes sauce then we bind ladoos.

Ingredients:

For making 10 laddoo

  1. Black grapes: 20 pieces long sized
  2. Sugar:  100 gram
  3. Coconut powder: 200 gram
  4. Water: half cup
  5. Tutti fruity: few pieces for topping (Optional)




Method of Preparation:

  1. First we prepare grapes sauce. For that take fine and long pieces black grapes and wash it properly.
  2. Take all grapes pieces in mixer grinder jar, put very little water and grind it on full speed. Make a juice of it.

3.     Filter this juice using big strainer in a pan or bowl. If you have no big strainer then you can use tea strainer too. But you do it very carefully because tea strainer is small and can take time to filter. You can also use cotton cloth to strain juice of it.


4.    After filtering, throw the precipitate of grapes. Put the filtered  black grapes juice pan on gas on medium flame.
5.    Put sugar into the juice and continuously stir it.
6.    It would start becoming thick but continuously stir it. It will take 7 to 10 minutes to become thick.
7.    When it's texture become thick and not running watery type then switch off gas and keep it side for cool.

8.    After 5 to 7 minutes, it will come to normal temperature, then add coconut powder and mix it properly and make dough of it. Keep 2 - 3 spoon coconut powder separately before adding coconut powder in grapes sauce for making coat over laddoo.

9.    Divide whole dough into 10 pieces and make round shape using both palms. Roll this laddoo over coconut powder kept separately before.
10.    Repeat same process with other pieces of dough.
11.    Keep it in a plate. Topping  it with tutti fruity or other things you like to put on topping.

12.    Serve your guests with smile. You can store it in airtight container in freeze upto one week.


Notes:


  1. Add very little water in grinder jar to grind grapes. Don't make watery solution otherwise it will take more time to become thick consistency.
  2. You can use cotton cloth instead of strainer.
  3. Make sure grapes sauce thick consistency not watery.
  4. You can garnish or topping of laddoo as per your choice.
  5. This laddoo can be eaten during fasting too.









5 comments:

  1. I have seen and eaten Coconut ladoo many times but i never had listen and read about Purple king laddoo. They are looking beautiful and sweet. The purplish color of Laddoo take my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging words. Try this recipe and then tell how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete